It's On Us at Illinois
In Fall 2014, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign partnered with The White House and Generation Progress to launch the "It's On Us" campaign. It's On Us aims to fundamentally shift the campus sexual assault culture. It is an all-inclusive initiative to engage various communities in the conversation around promoting bystander intervention, supporting survivors of sexual assault and creating an environment where sexual assault is unacceptable. It focuses on the collective responsibility of our entire campus community and emphasizes that our individual actions can truly make a difference.
The first step in joining the national movement is to make a personal commitment to stop sexual assault by signing the It's On Us pledge. Students can pledge to:
- Recognize that non-consensual sex is assault.
- Identify situations in which sexual assault may occur.
- Intervene in situations where consent has not or cannot be given.
- Create an environment in which sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported.
Join over 3,000 students on campus that have taken the It's On Us pledge.
Resources & Support
- Counseling Center
- McKinley Health Center
- Women's Resources Center (Confidential Advisors)
- Rape Advocacy Counseling & Education Services (R.A.C.E.S.)
- Courage Connection (Domestic Violence)
- Champaign, Urbana, or University Police Departments
(217) 333-8911 (Non-Emergency)
- Office for Access & Equity
- Student Assistance Center
(Office of the Dean of Students)
- Office for Student Conflict Resolution